Tuesday, September 15, 2009

$100,000 here and there... also known as FIFTY PERCENT, bitch.

By RUDOLPH BUSH / The Dallas Morning News
rbush@dallasnews.com
(Link to full absurdity here)

An agreement by most of the Dallas City Council to substantially trim its own costs appears to be unraveling, even as City Hall undergoes its deepest service cuts in decades.

In a memo signed by 11 members of the council last week, council member Angela Hunt proposed saving more than $426,000 in expenses stemming from the operation of City Council offices.

But even before the memo went public, the apparent savings began to evaporate.

Hunt and others on the council acknowledged this week that key elements of the savings plan either have come undone or were based on faulty figures to begin with.

It's unclear exactly what the council's cuts will save City Hall when a final budget is approved on Sept. 23.

"I think the numbers will drop, maybe $100,000 here and there," Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway said.
------
At this point in the conversation, kiddies, I'm going to pause for a tequila shot break and hope that when I come back the quote listed above by the Mayor Pro Tem doesn't sound as fucking ridiculous as what I just read. 

Sometimes Dallas City Hall treats its citizens with the same level of ironic stupidity that a Neiman Marcus sales rep treats an "average" consumer... anyone who might balk at overspending gets treated like shit, while it's all you can do to not yell at the top of your lungs "YOU WORK AT NEIMAN'S FOR $12/HOUR YOU TWO-BIT HOOKER."

That is all. Carry on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! I just bought three dresses from JCPenny for a total of $40. And I've NEVER been downgraded by a Neiman Marcus salesperson in the way you stated above. Some of my favorite items have come from this distinctively Dallas retailer. Hava a care for the Dallas institutions you rip apart.

And yes, as a business owner I am against wasteful taxes, but careful who you use as an example for the argument against.

Jackie O said...

Or what... you'll berate me with spam JCPenney blog comments that leave any English-as-a-first-languager scratching his/her head in confusion?

Hey Jimmy Bob, the Indian inflection in your "English" accent is throwing me off just a smidge, but I wouldn't dare delete your post. It's just too damn entertaining.

All my love,
Jackie O